Apply: Residency Application
BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR OUR 2017 SUMMER RESIDENCY APPLICATION, OPENING DECEMBER 2016.
RESIDENCY APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Phone number
- How did you hear about the Wassaic Project?
- Which month(s) are you applying for? Please indicate your first, second and third choice(s).
- Are you applying as a collaborative team? If so, please specify if you need separate beds.
- Will you be bringing your partner/spouse?
- Will you be bringing your dog?
- Please provide us with two references: Name, Title, Email, Phone, Website, Relationship to Applicant
Financial Assistance/Work Exchange + Fellowships
- Are you applying for Work Exchange (financial assistance)? If so, please specify the amount you are applying for and give a brief statement of need (200 words max).
- Are you applying for the Luther Barn Editions Fellowship? If so, please indicate how your practice would benefit from this Fellowship (200 words max).
- Are you applying for the 3 month Education Fellowship? If so, you will need to answer some additional questions. Please make sure to read about the Education Fellowship program HERE.
- Please describe the project you plan to pursue at Wassaic (500 words max).
Work Samples + Attachments
- CV or Publication List (3 pages max)
Please provide 10 items for consideration, including title, year, medium and dimensions.
- If your work is time based or has video documentation, you may also link to media from YouTube, Vimeo and SoundCloud.
- PLAYWRITING / SCREENWRITING: 1 or 2 work samples – 30 pages MAX for a play script or treatment.
- FICTION / NONFICTION: 1 or 2 work samples – no more than 30 pages total double-spaced
- POETRY: at least 2 works samples – no more than 10 pages total
Size requirements: Images (up to 5MB each), Video (up to 250MB each), Audio (up to 30MB each) and PDFs (up to 10MB each).
Application Fee: $25
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you cannot afford to pay the application fee.
- Are you bringing a spouse/partner?
- How many children are in your family? What are their ages?
- Are you applying for the Summer (June – August), Fall (Sept. – Dec) or Winter (Feb – May) Fellowship?
- What teaching experience do you have and why is working with youth important to you? Please describe your experiences in detail, especially those that deal with connecting this age group to contemporary art? (500 words max)
-If you were asked to create a hands-on project that translated some aspect of your own practice to children, what would you do? (200 words max)
-Why do you want to be an education fellow at the Wassaic Project? (200 words max)
Notification of acceptance will happen within 60 days of the application due date. Accepted applicants will have 7 days to commit to attending the residency. After confirmation, resident’s security deposit and the first month’s fee are due.
There are no refunds.